Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

Ciao Fabio!

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 06:37:04PM +0200, Fabio Bizzi wrote:
> >Hrm...maybe just point at the sarge packages?
> >I'm skeptical that will work because of package dependencies.
> >But it would be easy to try and no harm in trying...
>
> Worked Out!

Excellent!

> I'm actually downloading the two etch dvd from jigdo, I
> suppose that for tomorrow all would done, so tonight the C200 will sleep
> alone (I'll sleep with my wife thats is not too bad sometimes......) ;)

:^)

> After I'll run the etch netinst CD and I'll procede as previously
> described for the sarge installation...

ok - thanks for being the ginuea pig.

> >> I want to install debian to my C200 and I want to start using it!!! :)
> >>If I can help you with debugs or compilation or else let me know.
> >
> >thanks!
>
> I'm not joking... ;) In January/February I'd receive to our test-plant
> four K-370 (each one has 6 cpus and 4GB Ram) from an upgrade of our
> intelligent network.

FYI, K-class is the "server" version of C2xx. Difference is firmware,
PCI support, gfx support, and lack of HP-PB IO Card support
makes the K-class alot less interesting.

> .... I suppose that one could be dedicated to Debian
> hppa people (like you..), internet interconnection is not a problem here
> ;) .

thanks - I'm sure some folks will be interested...

Given that HP (locally) is starting to scrap N-class, we might see more
folks offer those for parisc-linux developement.

ciao

grant