Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

Hi Grant,

Grant Grundler wrote:
For etch I've seen that cdrom images are aivailable but no dvd-rom images, I don't want burn 14 cdrom ;) so how can I download the installation archives to my laptop?

Hrm...maybe just point at the sarge packages?
I'm skeptical that will work because of package dependencies.
But it would be easy to try and no harm in trying...

Worked Out! I'm actually downloading the two etch dvd from jigdo, I suppose that for tomorrow all would done, so tonight the C200 will sleep alone (I'll sleep with my wife thats is not too bad sometimes......) ;) After I'll run the etch netinst CD and I'll procede as previously described for the sarge installation...

I want to install debian to my C200 and I want to start using it!!! :)
If I can help you with debugs or compilation or else let me know.

thanks!

I'm not joking... ;) In January/February I'd receive to our test-plant four K-370 (each one has 6 cpus and 4GB Ram) from an upgrade of our intelligent network..... I suppose that one could be dedicated to Debian hppa people (like you..), internet interconnection is not a problem here ;) .

Ciao.

	Fabio.