Re: Trying to install sarge on a C200

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 12:44:51PM +0200, Fabio Bizzi wrote:
> Ok, my c200 has a cdrom but no dvd-rom and no internet broadband
> connection, so for sarge I've copied the two DVD-ROM to my laptop and
> published by http, and apt works.

ok

> For etch I've seen that cdrom images are aivailable but no dvd-rom
> images, I don't want burn 14 cdrom ;) so how can I download the
> installation archives to my laptop?

Hrm...maybe just point at the sarge packages?
I'm skeptical that will work because of package dependencies.
But it would be easy to try and no harm in trying...

Can someone point me at etch "HOW-TO build DVD images" help?
I need a simple recipe to follow.

I have a local (on disk) debian mirror and can host the resulting
hppa DVD images on one of the cupertino "parisc-linux.org test ring"
machines.

> Where there is the will there is the way! ;)

:^)

> I want to install debian to my C200 and I want to start using it!!! :)
> If I can help you with debugs or compilation or else let me know.

thanks!

ciao,
grant