Re: Novice-B2600 Install stuck at Kernel Panic

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I took a look in
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/hppa/20050603/

debian-testing-hppa-businesscard.iso        03-Jun-2005 23:07   33M
debian-testing-hppa-netinst.iso                    03-Jun-2005 23:08
149M

I don't understand what these files are, or how I would use them.
Still just looking for a source of the latest regular sarge iso's

Yes when I turn the box horizontal (flat) the cdrom is then horizontal
flat.
I've given up on the CDROM that came back with the box, having way
more luck with an older 16X IDE CDROM  none of my downloads now
appear corrupt and then all at least install the bootsystem  and pretty
much all end at the kernel panic.

Still looking for a better download of the most recent kernel as a
sarge image iso.???

The b2600 box does not come with an externel scsi port (what the hell
HP)
I've got to find an old scsi CD ROM and see if it'll work from the
internal
cabling... what a game.

I have nothing to install from a network install, I've never tried a
network install,
Would a i386 debian machine be able to provide the network install
for an HPPA machine.
Have to get a amachine set up with  i386 debian... woo hoo.

Thanks for the input.