Novice-B2600 Install stuck at Kernel Panic

Hi,

Getting a little further.. very slowly.

Downloading my images from here
http://farbror.acc.umu.se/pub/weekly/hppa/
Tried Jigdo, but could only find Woody images.

Download umpteen images.. all showed up being
corrupt, then I turned the machine horizontally
and the install went a little further.
Suspicious of the CD ROM I swapped it out
for a much slower one and the install completed.

WOO HOO!

Then at completion it asks you to remove media and
reboot.  It's all looking good, nearly ready to
crack a beer....

When I get this message, after it starts the
High Priority Machine Check (HPMC) : Code=1 regs=103dc080
(Addr=00000000)

Then alot of lines beginning with followed by hex

PSW:  *Binary*  Not tainted
r00-03  *HEX*
r04-07  *HEX*
r08-11  *HEX*
r12-15  *HEX*
r16-19  *HEX*
r20-23  *HEX*
r24-27  *HEX*
r28-31  *HEX*
sr4-7  *HEX*

IASQ:  *HEX*
IIR:  *HEX*
CPU:  *HEX*
ORIG_r28: 00000000
IAOQ[0]: lba_astro_in8+0x10/0x20
IAOQ[1]: lba_astro_in8+0x14/0x20
RP(r2): inb+0x60/0x7c
Kernel Panic: High Priority Machine Check (HPMC)

Suggestions please.. anything????
I'll type all the hex in if someone needs it as a clue???
or anything else???

I appreciate the time.
Thanks again.