Re: [parisc-linux] HPPA autofs broken?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:39:51 -0700 (MST), Christopher Strong
<strong@cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I just upgraded my autofs (using apt-get upgrade) and autofs will no longer
> start.  I beat my head against it for a while, upgraded to the newest modutils,
> even tried the beta autofs packages but to no avail.
>
> It *used* to work before the "upgrade" and I don't know if I have some errors
> in my config file (under the new version) or if there is a problem with the
> autofs package.

Autofs was broken in testing/unstable for quite a while (ie. months), it simply
didn't unmount. About a month ago they fixed it in testing, but it seems it's
*still* broken on parisc :(

I'm currently using the 'stable' release version of autofs on my Debian/testing
system for the time being - at least that one works for me.

Greetings,
   Max