Re: [parisc-linux] Re: [mc - Midnight Commander] new release for hppa

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:54:08 -0700
Grant Grundler <grundler@parisc-linux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:30:15AM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> > 64bit binaries are pointless
>
> That's not true in general. It might be true to mc.
> Apps that want > 4GB address space have to be 64-bit.

I meant that it was pointless in context: "on parisc, given we don't have
support for a 64bit userland (yet), and obviously considering we were
talking about mc" ;)

Of course it wasn't meant to be a general statement toward 64bit binaries
:)

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://www.pateam.org/