Re: [mc - Midnight Commander] new release for hppa

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 08:38:58AM +0100, SteX wrote:
> > While the c3k is PA 2.0 CPU and can run 64-bit kernels, all of
> > parisc-linux user space is 32-bit. Unless you specified
> > hppa64-linux-gcc, you'll be getting a 32-bit binary.
>
> I haven't specified any particular compiler, so as you said, the package
> is a 32-bit binary.
> Do you want me to build the same pkg with the `hppa64-linux-gcc' and
> provide it to you all?
> Or is it enough for the Debian purpose to have the 32-bit binary?
> Thank you in advance for your answer.

As Grant said, there is no support for 64-bit userspace yet; only 32-bit.
A 64-bit build of mc wouldn't run on any parisc-linux machine.

> I appreciate any comment or critic on the mc pkg; Ludovic Drolez asked to
> co-maintain the pkg for x86. Is it the case to have also an `official' uploader for hppa?

It's certainly possible to do that, but the normal case is to upload on
one architecture and let the buildds for the other architectures chew
on it.