Re: [mc - Midnight Commander] new release for hppa

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 07:15:14PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
Hi Grant + lists,
> > I would also like to submit a doubt: I used an HP9000/785 (C3k)
> > workstation for my work. How can I be sure that I compiled it as 32-bit
> > system binary of 64-bit system binary? If I remember well this C3k is a
> > 64bit workstation, isn't it?
>
> While the c3k is PA 2.0 CPU and can run 64-bit kernels, all of
> parisc-linux user space is 32-bit. Unless you specified
> hppa64-linux-gcc, you'll be getting a 32-bit binary.

I haven't specified any particular compiler, so as you said, the package
is a 32-bit binary.
Do you want me to build the same pkg with the `hppa64-linux-gcc' and
provide it to you all?
Or is it enough for the Debian purpose to have the 32-bit binary?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

I appreciate any comment or critic on the mc pkg; Ludovic Drolez asked to
co-maintain the pkg for x86. Is it the case to have also an `official' uploader for hppa?

Thank you in advance

SteX

--
GPG key = D52DF829   --   Stex   --  <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>