Re: Woody won't boot after kernel update

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 09:09:23PM +0200, Roland Leurs wrote:
> But these are both tempory hacks
> because everytime I access the rtc, e.g. give a date command like
>
> date -s "04/30/04 21:00"
>
> the systems locks up. So I think it's a problem in the kernel part for
> accessing the rtc.

I agree. Can you tell me (again) which system/firmware/kernel versions
you have?

I don't think the kernel "genrtc" driver is broken since I regularly
use it on other (newer) platforms. I'm thinking it might be a bug
in the firmware and wonder if there is an upgrade possible.

thanks,
grant