Re: DF <> SE Compatibility, Size compatibility with Debian, /HOME & other noobness?

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 07:39:41PM +0200, Smartelectronix - Bram wrote:
> I posted a link in my previous message, here it is again...
> http://www.smartelectronix.com/~bdejong/dmesg.txt

sorry...
You have a differential disk attached to a differential scsi controller:

ncr53c720-0: ID 7, Fast-10, Parity Checking, Differential
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST32171W          Rev: HPM2
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0

> Well, the busses on the server-case itself are marked 'SE':
> http://www.smartelectronix.com/~bdejong/a_new_toy/browse.php?file=IMG_2968.J
> PG
> ALL my disks are marked 'DF'.

The right hand side of that label shows which slots could be cabled
as differential SCSI.

> As said before I'm really a newbie to both HPPA and Linux, so don't
> shoot me if I got it wrong!!

Hey, americans don't shoot people...we just bomb them.
/me runs

(sorry, very black humor. I definitely not at all happy
about what's going on in Iraq.)

grant