Re: DF <> SE Compatibility, Size compatibility with Debian, /HOME & other noobness?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant Grundler" <grundler@parisc-linux.org>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:14:52PM +0200, Smartelectronix - Bram wrote:
> > However, the 2GB disk (DF-disk) worked flawlessly in the SE-slot...
>
> I don't believe you.  Please post console output that shows all
> the SCSI driver output at boot time (dmesg output should have it).
>
> DF disks are NOT compatible with SE signaling.
> DF-SE Converters exist that allow a DF disk to talk on SE signaled bus.
> But I think it's more likely you are confusing the bus signaling type.

Ah, looking more closely at the dmesg outpmut
it does look like the disk-slots in the server-case ARE DF slots.

scsi2 : ncr53c8xx-3.4.3b-20010512
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST32171W          Rev: HPM2

I'm really sorry for the confusion, but having 4 SCSI chains
can confuse one severily, especialy if you're new to it all...

By the way: how can I figure out the SCSI ID's for the disks
in the server-casing?

 - bram