Re: Installing Debian Woody to A180C

>>>>> "David" == David Douthitt <ssrat@mailbag.com> writes:

David> It would appear that I can't boot from the external drive that
David> I chose to install Debian to, even though the install worked
David> fine, and the system works fine (doing a chroot to /target).

Both HP/UX and Linux will recognize and use Symbios 53C8xx PCI SCSI
controller boards.

Unfortunately, the system firmware only allows the box to be booted
from the internal (Lasi) SCSI controller.  This is specific to the
A180.  None of the other PA-RISC boxes have this - err, uhm -
"feature".

--
Martin K. Petersen      http://mkp.net/