X in a C110

Hello, people.

First, I´m not a subscriber of this list. Is that a problem? If not, maybe someone will be able to help me...

I´ve just got Woody running in one of my C110´s. It´s really great (mt congratulations to developing/porting teams), and it´s running fine, except for two glitches:

1. Sometimes the mouse stops responding, just after starting X. Killing X with CTRL-BACKSPACE "solves" that (argh! sounds like "winstuff"...). Any sugestions?

2. I think it´s a bit slow with X and KDE: it would not make a really responsive desktop. Ok, I know that the C110 is not a powerhouse, and I have only 158Mb RAM. On the other hand, as far as a could understand it, it is running X on framebuffer. So, I´m wondering: adding more RAM would give me better responsiveness? Is there a X server other then the framebuffer one for C110? If so, will I get any performance boost by using it?

Thank you in advance,
Joao Roscoe
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers