Re: DF <> SE Compatibility, Size compatibility with Debian, /HOME & other noobness?

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:43:17 +0200
"Smartelectronix - Bram" <bram@smartelectronix.com> wrote:

> > > Are there known issues w/ installation on large (9GB)
> > > disks?
> >
> > that's item 1)
>
> I know I have to keep my vmlinux within the first 2GB of the hard
> disk... I took great care to install everything in the sub-2GB part of
> the 9GB disk but still it didn't load: "IPL error: bad LIF magic. Error
> Reading IPL"
That has nothing to do with size of HD.
It looks like palo isn't properly installed.
Haven't you forgotten the palo partition ? (type f0)

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/