Re: Serial console and booting

Hi,

> Hello all,
>
> I've an HP 9000/720, with NO monitor and NO keyboard.
> There are two serial ports at the back : A and B.
>
> I've setup hyperterminal (sorry, my win machine is the only one which is
> close enough to my hp) to 9600 8n1
>
> Nothing appear on the screen when booting.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions/pointers ?
>
> Jean-Francois

If the machine originally had a keyboard and monitor, the boot process output
path is maybe still set to console. I have a 720 as well, but with keyboard an
monitor and had to set the boot output to serial port manually. I can give you
instructions about that, but it works only from the console... ;-(

Carsten