Re: Serial console and booting

please wait for at least 2 minutes and watch the leds in front if there
any.

i got a 735, it takes very long before it displays first boot messages
after powering on.

you can also take a screwdriver and temporarily remove the framebuffer
card if it can be done.  on my machine it is a long card with the video
connecotrs.

then my 735er goes to serial (com A) console automatically

hope it helps,

bye

alex

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:23:30AM +0200, Jean-Francois Gobin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've an HP 9000/720, with NO monitor and NO keyboard.
> There are two serial ports at the back : A and B.
>
> I've setup hyperterminal (sorry, my win machine is the only one which is
> close enough to my hp) to 9600 8n1
>
> Nothing appear on the screen when booting.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions/pointers ?
>
> Jean-Francois
>
> --
> Jean-Francois Gobin - Administrateur gobinjf.be
> http://www.gobinjf.be   mailto:gobin@gobinjf.be
>

> --

pub  1024/05E1A80C 2001/12/16 Alexander Gabert (http://nikita.ath.cx) <pappy@nikita.ath.cx>
          Key fingerprint =  2D 84 B0 CB F5 67 8A 22  8D 37 6E 6B 8A 3B 7F D6  05 E1 A8 0C