Re: Couple of questions

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:30:40AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
} steve@cgpsystems.com (Steve Barr) writes:
}
} > Greetings!   I have recently acquired an HP 715/100, and am very interested
}
} > 	1)	Is there an inexpensive source for HIL keyboards?
}
} I'm pretty sure the 715/100 actually needs an enternal box that has HIL and
} PS/2 interfaces on it, and a modular plug on a short cable that plugs into
} the back of the unit.  I don't *think* it can take an HIL keyboard directly.

Correct.  The 715/64, /80, and /100 use a external box as described.
The connector that plugs into the back of the computer is similar to,
but larger than, an HIL connector.

The photo at http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/ps2_cable.jpg appears to be
something homemade.  If he had the proper connector to plug into the
back of the 715 it might work, I don't know what else it could be.  A
real HIL to PS2 adapter is $400 and isn't so simple.

--

   E Frank Ball                frankb@efball.com