Re: HIL keyboard not found - how to use serial

The Jornada 720 has a USB type com port. I've got a special cable that terminates in standard serial cable (it came with the unit). My settings are 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, hardware flow control. Terminal emulation is set to VT102.

At 11:54 PM 1/23/2002, you wrote:
Hi,
Bill Ferguson (ferguson@quango.net) wrote:
> I boot my 715 on a serial cable connection to my Jornada 720 running the
> application  vxHPC for the serial console under windows CE.  Works nicely.

A little off topic perhaps, but I assume the Jornada has a COM port that
supports only "software" (Xon/Xoff) flow control, like most handhelds?

How'd you get that working? I'm asking because I've got a Nokia
Communicator and I've already spent hours trying to make it act as a
serial console on my HP machines, but all I got was a few garbled
characters...

ciao,
--
Thomas Themel    | CenterPoint Connective Software Engineering GmbH
Hauptplatz 8/4   |    System Administrator / Software Developer