Re: Still interested in maintaining singularity-container?

Hi,

Am Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 03:59:41PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> I'll remove you for now then. If you find a sponsor, please add in
> yourself back.

As usuall anyone is welcome to add the own id to Uploaders. ;-)

> And so I am not entirely sure if it makes sense to package apptainer separately or
> not. And what would be the implications et. al.
> What do you think?
>
> Also, @Andreas was doing some work on apptainer front - there is even a repo here[4].
> @Andreas, do you have some update about this?

I've cloned packaging of singularity (including its Uploaders!) into the
apptainer repository.  It seems there are some missing Build-Depends.  I
have not checked yet since we have a working singularity package now.
My effort was motivated by the need to have *any* package to run
singularity containers.  Since this is solved now I did not (yet)
continued that effort (but as Dmitry said:  If someone might sponsor
me to do this I could think about this. ;-) )

BTW, since I do not speak Go I'm not the best person to work on this.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de