Re: Still interested in maintaining singularity-container?

On Sunday, 21 August 2022 8:49:05 AM AEST Nilesh Patra wrote:
> You have been listed as one of the uploaders for singularity-container
> package. This package had been lying in a dilapidated/abandoned state for
> _years_ until me and Andreas (in CC) picked this up.

Same as I've found it few years ago, when I did some significant work on the
package. Unfortunately I could not sustain the effort due to limited capacity
and other priorities...

> So, are you still interested in this package? If not, I'll drop you from
> the field in next upload -- so as to set reasonable expectations.

I'm still interested, but still unable to attend it. So fair enough, feel
free to remove me if you think that's the best as I'm unlikely to be able
to spend any time on the package this year (or even longer), unless
someone wants to sponsor the effort...

Besides, shouldn't we focus our efforts on community fork "Apptainer" [1]
instead of maintaining this package?

[1]: https://apptainer.org/

--
Best wishes,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

The welfare state is the greatest confidence racket of all time. The
government takes your money in taxes and then turns around and spends
some of it to give you things. For this, you feel dependent on them, when
in fact they are dependent on you.
 -- Thomas Sowell

---

Masks are neither effective nor safe: A summary of the science.
 -- https://www.primarydoctor.org/masks-not-effect