Re: hpc team

على الخميس 21 كانون الأول 2017 ‫03:13، كتب Mehdi Dogguy:
> On 2017-12-21 02:22, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>>
>> The reason I asked is because lists.debian.org addresses can't be used
>> for bug notifications [1], which is what would happen if tbe list
>> address is used in the maintainer field.
>>
>> regards
>> Afif
>>
>> 1. https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth#Moving_lists_to_lists.debian.org
>
> They want to forbid mailing-lists like
> "pkg-ofed-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org"
> on lists.debian.org.

That was mentioned separately. The page I linked above said

> Commit or bug notifications lists are not OK

and you're referring to the first of the two items there.

> Team mailing lists are very much fine. There are
> many examples of those on https://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html.
> They existed for years now. I do not expect listmasters to remove them.

I know at least for debian-med, debian-science, and debian-python, they
also have mailing lists on alioth, which they use in the maintainer
fields. The lists.debian.org address is only used for general discussion.

> (Also, gitlab is not ready yet. But that's another topic).
>
> For commit notifications, I agree that tracker.d.o does the job pretty
> well and it enough for that purpose. The rest is much more easier to
> handle with a regular mailing-list, especially for newcomers>

All this you're talking about refers to commits mailing lists, which I
agree is straightforward.

I found a lead on my question on the same page I linked previously [1]:

> Can e-mail addresses of the form <package>@tracker.debian.org be used
> as maintainer team address in Maintainer or Uploader fields of
> package? not yet. ftp-master needs to be fixed, see above.

and, above, it says [2]:

> For the maintainer field, the <package>@packages.debian.org address
> should be used (although that needs the fix for 871575 to be deployed
> on ftp-master, see this discussion for details
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/09/msg00272.html>.

Although it looks like this has happened already (at least, that bug is
fixed in stretch-backports). Maybe we can already start using

Maintainer: Debian HPC Team <packagename@packages.debian.org>

regards
Afif

1. https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth#Clarification_Request_.2F_Open_Questions