Re: hpc team

On 2017-12-21 02:22, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

The reason I asked is because lists.debian.org addresses can't be used
for bug notifications [1], which is what would happen if tbe list
address is used in the maintainer field.

regards
Afif

1. https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth#Moving_lists_to_lists.debian.org

on lists.debian.org. Team mailing lists are very much fine. There are
many examples of those on https://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html.
They existed for years now. I do not expect listmasters to remove them.

(Also, gitlab is not ready yet. But that's another topic).

For commit notifications, I agree that tracker.d.o does the job pretty
well and it enough for that purpose. The rest is much more easier to
handle with a regular mailing-list, especially for newcomers.

--
Mehdi