Re: Is it possible to update pandoc, please?

Dear Scott,

> If it's an urgent problem, and you can identify the upstream commit that
> fixed groff compatibility, it's possible that we could cherry-pick it.

The commit should be the following one:
It says that it solves the groff's warnings due to the fonts naming.

-----------
commit a6fe02f46a93c8cfaad1a4cb3c5e166a7aea3a4b
Author: John MacFarlane <jgm@berkeley.edu>
Date:   Fri Aug 25 21:35:47 2023 -0700

    Man writer: improvements to code and code blocks.

    The aim here (see #9020) is to produce more standard and more
    portable man pages.  To that end:

    - We revert the fanciness introduced in #7506, which employs a
      custom font name V and a macro that makes this act like boldface
      in a terminal and monospace in other formats.  Unfortunately,
      this code uses a mechanism that is not portable (and does not
      work in mandoc).

    - Instead of using V for inline code, we simply use CR.
      Note that `\f[CR]` is emitted instead of plain `\f[C]`,
      because there is no C font in man.  (This produces warnings
      in recent versions of groff.)

    - For code blocks, we now use the `.EX` and `.EE` macros,
      together with `.IP` for spacing and indentation.  This gives
      more standard code that can be better interpreted e.g. by mandoc.
-------

thank you
	renzo