Re: Is it possible to update pandoc, please?

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024, Renzo Davoli wrote:

Thank you for your prompt answers.

I have seen that the pandoc package for sid has been updated to 3.1.3.
Unfortunately the incompatibility problem with groff persists.

The management of man page output has been updated in pandoc 3.1.7.

Unfortunately, we can't update past pandoc 3.1.3 right now, due to some dependency conflicts. We can probably update it further once we move to GHC 9.6 and it's LTS package set. This may take some time, though.

If it's an urgent problem, and you can identify the upstream commit that fixed groff compatibility, it's possible that we could cherry-pick it.

Regards,
Scott