Re: Contributing to pandoc dependencies

On Mon, 2022-05-30 at 08:49 +0000, Robert Greener wrote:
> > I use pbuilder indeed.
> >
> > If the build requires a UTF-8 locale set, then it is wrong to rely
> > on
> > the build environment doing that: The build routines should
> > establish
> > that!
>
> I'm not too sure how to set it to be honest! There is a bug on Ubuntu
> discussing it here[1]. I /think/ (from reading the comments) that it
> isn't possible to set it with pbuilder as it is. However, all
> official
> Debian and Ubuntu builds use C.UTF-8, so it will build okay here. Do
> you think I should raise a bug on the pbuilder package?
>
> Or, do you think it would work if we just set LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 in
> debian/rules?

Setting LC_ALL does work. I've uploaded the fixes to mentors[1,2] and
opened two MR[3,4] which fixes the FTBFS bugs.

Would you be okay to merge the requests and upload the packages Jonas?

--
Robert

[1] https://mentors.debian.net/package/haskell-hslua-module-text/
[2] https://mentors.debian.net/package/haskell-tasty-lua/