Contributing to pandoc dependencies

Hello,

I would like to update some packages so that pandoc can be updated.
/Lots/ of packages would need to be updated to update pandoc to its
latest upstream (2.18). It is currently on 2.9.2.1.

To make the task simpler, I intend to update the dependencies so that
it can be bumped to 2.10.1, and then keep working up.

I've used package-plan and the following changes would be made to
packages.txt.

+commonmark 0.1.1.4
+commonmark-extensions 0.2.0.4
+commonmark-pandoc 0.2.0.1
-filestore 0.6.4
+filestore 0.6.5
-gitit 0.13.0.0 key
+gitit 0.14.0.0 key
-hakyll 4.13.4.0
+hakyll 4.13.4.1 ahead
-hslua 1.0.3.2
+hslua 1.1.2 ahead
-jira-wiki-markup 1.1.4
+jira-wiki-markup 1.3.5 ahead
-pandoc 2.9.2.1 key -f+http-conduit
+pandoc 2.10.1 key ahead -f+http-conduit
-pandoc-types 1.20 notest # Disable tests to avoid dep on string-qq
+pandoc-types 1.21 ahead notest # Disable tests to avoid dep on...

Is it okay to move hakyll, hslua, jira-wiki-markup, pandoc, and pandoc-
types to be ahead of the LTS release?

A patch to patat would also be needed to allow it to depend on pandoc-
2.10.1.

Does anyone have any objection to me working on this? I don't want to
step on anyone's toes!

I'm not a DM/DD, so I would need someone to sponsor the changes as I
make them. I would make merge requests for the package-plan and
DHG_packages repos and put the packages on mentors.debian.net.

Thanks,
Robert