Re: Contributing to pandoc dependencies

Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2022-05-18 11:52:36)
> Quoting Robert Greener (2022-05-18 09:09:56)
> > On Tue, 2022-05-17 at 19:07 -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> > > I'm not totally convinced of the need to use experimental for
> > > jira-wiki-markup - I think we can just upload it when we update
> > > pandoc.
> > > So, let's hold off on that for now.
> >
> > I /think/ the need is because Jonas will need jira-wiki-markup to be
> > 1.3.5 (and a few others will need to be updated as well) in order to be
> > able to ugrade pandoc to 2.10.1. However, the existing version of
> > pandoc depends on an older version of jira-wiki-markup (for example).
> > So, during the time between jira-wiki-markup being updated and pandoc
> > being updated, it wouldn't be possible to build pandoc from source /
> > install pandoc as the version of jira-wiki-markup in the repo would be
> > too new for pandoc.
>
> Exactly ;-)
>
> Please provide newer jira-wiki-markup in experimental, so that I can
> release pandoc to experimental as well - linked against it.
>
> Then when pandoc succesfully builds in experimental we can release both
> to unstable.
>
> (alternatively, we would need to do *exactly* the same but outside of
> Debian, which is less reliable and less transparent)

I noticed that enough packages were avilable in experimental to bump
pandoc to 2.10.

...or so I thought:

I have now released NMUs of haskell-texmath and
haskell-hslua-module-system - simple rebuilds against other packages
only in experimental for now, so I haven't bothered to file a formal NMU
bugreport (but can easily do so if someone wants it).

I wanted to also do NMUs of haskell-hslua-module-text and
haskell-tasty-lua, but turned out they both are buggy.

Upgrading pandoc now awaits fixing bug#1011989 and #1011992.

Anyone feel like looking into those?

I have already prepared the upgrade of pandoc, so please leave that to
me.

 - Jonas