Re: Contributing to pandoc dependencies

Quoting Robert Greener (2022-05-18 09:09:56)
> On Tue, 2022-05-17 at 19:07 -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> > I'm not totally convinced of the need to use experimental for
> > jira-wiki-markup - I think we can just upload it when we update
> > pandoc.
> > So, let's hold off on that for now.
>
> I /think/ the need is because Jonas will need jira-wiki-markup to be
> 1.3.5 (and a few others will need to be updated as well) in order to be
> able to ugrade pandoc to 2.10.1. However, the existing version of
> pandoc depends on an older version of jira-wiki-markup (for example).
> So, during the time between jira-wiki-markup being updated and pandoc
> being updated, it wouldn't be possible to build pandoc from source /
> install pandoc as the version of jira-wiki-markup in the repo would be
> too new for pandoc.

Exactly ;-)

Please provide newer jira-wiki-markup in experimental, so that I can
release pandoc to experimental as well - linked against it.

Then when pandoc succesfully builds in experimental we can release both
to unstable.

(alternatively, we would need to do *exactly* the same but outside of
Debian, which is less reliable and less transparent)

 - Jonas