Re: Adding copilot

On 2022-05-10 00:39, Scott Talbert wrote:
On Fri, 6 May 2022, Ivan Perez wrote:

Thanks again.

I've updated the requirement on bimap.

There's an additional issue with bimap: the `Data.Bimap` module is no longer inferred as safe in `0.4.0`, and that throws off `copilot-theorem`.

I've opened an issue on the `bimap` package:
https://github.com/joelwilliamson/bimap/issues/14

I think there are simple solutions; feel welcome to chime in if you know a good, clean way to ensure that the code can be inferred as `Safe` in this case.

Please let me know if there's anything else you find in the meantime. I'll have everything on the copilot side prepared as needed, so that when other packages address any issues we find, we are ready.

Happy to have an interactive session if that can make the conversation more agile.

Hi Ivan,

I'm not sure that I really understand what 'Safe' means in a Haskell
context, so I'm not sure I can be of any help on that.

No problem. I'll take care of figuring out how to deal with the 'safe' issue.

The newever bimap and ansi-terminal versions are the only issues I've
found for copilot so far.  Unfortunately, adding 'what4' (which isn't
in Debian yet) requires updating a whole bunch of other packages, and
I haven't gotten a package plan to work yet.  It may take some time to
sort it out.

Alright. What4's dependencies changed in version 1.3, but copilot-theorem still uses 1.2.1. I can update copilot-theorem to use what4-1.3 if needed.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,

Ivan