I've updated the requirement on bimap.

There's an additional issue with bimap: the `Data.Bimap` module is no longer inferred as safe in `0.4.0`, and that throws off `copilot-theorem`.

I've opened an issue on the `bimap` package:
https://github.com/joelwilliamson/bimap/issues/14

I think there are simple solutions; feel welcome to chime in if you know a good, clean way to ensure that the code can be inferred as `Safe` in this case.

Please let me know if there's anything else you find in the meantime. I'll have everything on the copilot side prepared as needed, so that when other packages address any issues we find, we are ready.

Happy to have an interactive session if that can make the conversation more agile.

Ivan

On 2022-05-05 16:50, Scott Talbert wrote:
On Thu, 5 May 2022, Ivan Perez wrote:

[...]
After searching the rest of the dependency tree exhaustively, these were the
goals I've had most trouble fulfilling: copilot, ansi-terminal,
copilot-theorem

Actually, I read that wrong.  copilot-theorem seems to require an
*older* version of ansi-terminal.  Can it be updated to use
ansi-terminal 0.10.3?

Scott,

Thanks a lot for checking. That can be bumped up (I just checked by modifying that constraint in the cabal package).

I've made this change temporarily available here:
https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot/tree/develop-version-bounds

Are you able to test with that change (just to see if it works or if anything else needs to be changed)?

After patching that, the bimap version is the next problem (Debian has 0.4.0).

After patching in bimap also, the next problem relates to what4 and
its dependencies.  I'll have to fiddle with the package plan a little
more to see what else might need to be changed.

Scott