Re: Contributing to pandoc dependencies - [RFS] haskell-commonmark

On Sun, 8 May 2022, Robert Greener wrote:

Hello,

On Sat, 2022-05-07 at 19:09 +0100, Robert Greener wrote:
I would like to update some packages so that pandoc can be updated.
/Lots/ of packages would need to be updated to update pandoc to its
latest upstream (2.18). It is currently on 2.9.2.1.

To make the task simpler, I intend to update the dependencies so that
it can be bumped to 2.10.1, and then keep working up.

I have packaged the first dependency for pandoc-2.10.1. This is
commonmark 0.1.1.4.

This library provides the core data types and functions for parsing
commonmark.

This is a new dependency for pandoc that has not previously been
packaged for Debian.

Would someone be able to sponsor this and upload it, please?

I uploaded commonmark. Since it is a new package to Debian, it has to go through the NEW queue, which could take a while (but usually Haskell packages seem to go pretty quick since they're pretty simple).

Scott