Re: How Can I Help?

Hello,

On Mon 21 Mar 2022 at 06:37pm -05, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> On Monday, 21 March 2022 00.24.17 CDT Mikolaj Konarski wrote:
>> If you'd like to contribute to Debian Haskell for the sake
>> of people that can't operate cabal, I'm afraid it's best to get
>> through the DD process and commit to DD duties.
>
> I'm not opposed to becoming a DD.  However, my read of the process of becoming
> a DD involves contributing to Debian beforehand, to proof I can be trusted
> with the authority.
>
> Is there no way to contribute to Haskell packages in Bookworm and future
> without already being a DD?

Sorry about this.  It's just that the way the Haskell team in particular
has things set up makes it quite hard for non-DDs to get much done.

It's not impossible though.  I would suggest downloading the
package-plan and DHG_packages repos and get yourself into a position
where you can help update versions bounds in package metadata, refresh
patches etc.

--
Sean Whitton