Re: How Can I Help?

Hi Boyd,

Thank you for your letter.

I'm not a DD, just as you, and I have found that, while I'm extremely
grateful to DDs for their job, it's too much to also expect DDs
to be prompt and particularly responsive. My advice to you
would be to switch to ghcup and cabal (or stack) and take care
of all your needs yourself, because apparently you are able to.
If you'd like to contribute to Debian Haskell for the sake
of people that can't operate cabal, I'm afraid it's best to get
through the DD process and commit to DD duties.

Oh, and there's a lot of useful contribution you can do to Haskell
upstream as a hobbyist. E.g., to the cabal package that I maintain.
The advantage is that you don't need to commit to DDs duties,
but can work on and off, as you please.

Hope this helps,
Mikolaj