Re: new upcoming Pandoc dependency

Hi Ilias,

Quoting Ilias Tsitsimpis (2018-10-23 16:20:14)
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 08:23AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Why do you try upgrade to Pandoc 2.3.1 when that is not supported by
> > BlogLiterally?
>
> From what you said, I understood that you had pandoc-2.3.1 ready to be
> uploaded, so I tested it against the current set of Haskell packages
> to see whether it was compatible or not. I couldn't know that until I
> had tested it.

Ah, I understand.  My choice of word was bad: I meant it was ready for
_after_ the current set of Haskell libraries had entered unstable.

I am still quite interested in the possibility of getting hsYaml
packaged, so that I can try explore if possible to relax some of the
other library dependencies too tight for what is now entering unstable.

> > I would guess that the solution is to simply request a binNMU of
> > Pandoc - not touch its source at all for that migration.
>
> I agree with you. We should stay with pandoc-2.2.1 for the time being.
>
> It seems that binNMUs will not work, since pandoc build-depends on
> libghc-tasty-dev (< 1.1), but 1.1.0.3 is available on unstable. Could
> you please fix that?

Great.  I am on it now!

 - Jonas