Re: new upcoming Pandoc dependency

I Ilias,

Quoting Ilias Tsitsimpis (2018-10-16 11:26:57)
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 08:36AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Recent releases of Pandoc need hsYaml.
> >
> > Would be nice if someone in the team could package that.
> >
> > NB! I have a newer pandoc package prepared locally, for when the
> > current upgrade of Haskell libraries enter unstable.  So please do
> > *not* upload a sourceful release of Pandoc without coordinating with
> > me.

> We currently track LTS 12.10 which still has pandoc 2.2.1. I tried to
> upgrade pandoc to 2.3.1 in our package-plan and it failed with:
>
>         trying: BlogLiterately-0.8.6.2 (user goal)
>         next goal: pandoc (user goal)
>         rejecting: pandoc-2.3.1 (conflict: BlogLiterately => pandoc>=2.0 && <2.3)
>
> Is this something that we would be able to fix on our own, or should
> we stay with pandoc 2.2.1 for the time being (until it is updated on
> Stackage)?

I don't understand in what way I can be helpful to above issue.

Why do you try upgrade to Pandoc 2.3.1 when that is not supported by
BlogLiterally?  I would guess that the solution is to simply request a
binNMU of Pandoc - not touch its source at all for that migration.

 - Jonas