Re: Stackage LTS 6.0, GHC-8.0, the freeze

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 24.05.2016, 23:28 +0900 schrieb Sean Whitton:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:22:39AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > yes; the package plan repository contains a lts.config, which is just a
> > copy of the config obtained from Stackage. If we switch our target, we
> > just put a new lts.config there and  package-plan.pl will take it into
> > account.
>
> Once we start "busily updating packages to Stackage nightly", the first
> person to work on the package plan on any given day will have to update
> lts.config, right?  Or perhaps we could set up a script to do that for
> us.

oh, I don’t think we need to track it so closely. I’d rather say: We
update lts.config once, get everything done (including migration to
testing), and only then update lts.config again to the then-daily
version.

> Good to know about that command.  I guess that it will take a really
> long time on my machine, though.

Yes; but it should from then on only rebuild packages that have
changed, or that depend on changed packages.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata
  XMPP: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de • GPG-Key: 0xF0FBF51F