Re: vcswatch and DHG_packages/shared repos

Hi,

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:23AM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 24.05.2016, 00:18 +0200 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> > While we have other tools to check consistency, this inconsistency (and
> > the associated vcwatch errors) still bother me. Did anyone open a bug or
> > discussion somewhere (e.g. -devel) about extending Vcs-* to support
> > shared repositories (e.g. with custom subdirs for the package instead of
> > hardcoded `/')?
>
> no, nobody has yet started to scratch that itch. If you want to, please
> do!

I couldn't find anything related, neither on the mailing lists nor the
bug reports. Then again, I am not aware of any other team that maintains
their packages under one repo, so maybe that explains why nobody has
requested such a feature yet.

The Vcs-Git field can optionally specify the branch to be used in the
indicated repository[1]. Maybe it can be extended to also specify the
subdirectory where the 'debian/changelog' is located, though this may
require changing the Debian policy.

If you would like, I can open a bug report against vcswatch, and see
were it goes from there.

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-VCS-fields

--
Ilias