Re: Haskell packages failing with "dpkg-buildpackage -A"

Hi Santiago,

Am Montag, den 23.05.2016, 13:00 +0200 schrieb Santiago Vila:
> Hello CDBS and Haskell maintainers.
>
> Several Haskell packages fail to build with "dpkg-buildpackage -A".
>
> They use a minimalistic debian/rules made with CDBS, so maybe this is
> not
> their fault but a bug in CDBS. Many of them fail in the same way:
>
>  Haddock failed (no modules?), refusing to create empty documentation
> package.
>
> so I have the feeling that we could fix several packages in a row
> here.
>
> Follows a (maybe incomplete) list of bug numbers and source packages,
> in case anyone wants to take a look:
>
> 806621 haskell-ghc-events
> 806622 haskell-shake
> 809113 haskell-gio
> 809114 haskell-glib
> 809115 haskell-gtk3
> 809116 haskell-gtk
> 809117 haskell-pango
> 809118 hscolour

this is specific to packages using gtk2hs-buildtools. It can be fixed
by adding

# With gtk2hs-buildtools, haddock needs a built tree
build-haddock-stamp: build-ghc-stamp

to debian/rules. I have done this for haskell-gio, haskell-glib,
haskell-gtk, haskell-gtk3, haskell-pango. Unless this does not fix the
problem, I guess some of the bugs above can be closed.

haskell-shake needed this diff, also uploaded:
-check-ghc-stamp: html/viz.js
+build-ghc-stamp: html/viz.js

hscolour probably needs this diff:
 # Force generation of the wrapper script.
-configure-ghc-stamp : hscolour-wrapper
+build-ghc-stamp : hscolour-wrapper

Does anyone want to try that out and prepare or do an upload?

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata
  XMPP: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de • GPG-Key: 0xF0FBF51F