Re: ghc package and bash

Dear Jeremy,

Am Montag, den 23.05.2016, 09:24 +0000 schrieb Jeremy .:
> When I install ghc on Jessie (7.6), usr/bin/ghc links to
> lib/ghc/bin/ghc, which is a script beginning with #!/bin/sh.
>
> When installing on Stretch (7.10), usr/bin/ghc is a script beginning
> with #!/bin/bash. This fails on systems where bash has been removed
> (e.g. space-constrained or performance-sensitive servers).
>
> Was this change intentional? Could it be reversed?
>
> I'm getting by in the meantime by linking /bin/bash to /bin/sh during
> the package install.

thanks for bringing that up. Digging through the source, I find that
the build system uses the value of "SHELL" to build the shebang:
(file rules/shell-wrapper.mk)

This is obviously an unwanted leak from the build environment into the
package. I’ll try to fix this by setting SHELL to /bin/sh in
debian/rules.

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@debian.org • https://people.debian.org/~nomeata