Re: Git migration

Hi,

Am Montag, den 13.07.2015, 22:24 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:

> > > I would tend to put tools that work on the repository itself (like
> > > debian2dsc, mass-release, etc...) inside the packages repository and
> > > leave tools like binNMU out of it (because it doesn't work on the
> > > repository).
>
> What about moving all tools into this (DHG_packages) repository and
> building package of them, `haskell-devtools' for example.

not sure about this. Who will want to use the tools without the
repository? So what (besides Dependencies) is gained by duplicating the
scripts in both places? Also, if the tools live in the repo, they can
find the path to the packages using $(dirname $0) :-)

> Also, I am pretty sure that packages.txt should live with packages.
> Opinions?

Possibly yes, but I’d defer that change until the new repo is working
smoothly.

I’ll try to keep that in mind. But please not that unless explicitly
requested, it is common practice in Debian to _not_ put people directly
in CC, so please avoid putting me in CC.