Re: Focusing our efforts: Key packages

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 20.06.2015, 12:42 +0000 schrieb Gianfranco Costamagna:
> This implies that we should remove all packages that are neither in
> > Stackage nor that are (used by) key packages.
>
> > I added support for such reasoning to the package plan, and marked a
> > few packages as key packages. This would currently imply that we can
> > remove these packages:
>

> I do not get here the question, do you mean the haskell library, right?
> sounds impossible to remove dpkg :)

Right, these names were all from the Hackage package namespace.

>       * bytestring-show
>

> This one is a b-d of hedgewars
> https://sources.debian.net/src/hedgewars/0.9.21.1
> -5/debian/control/"libghc-bytestring-show-dev,"
>

> so how can it be removed? I thought that list was made of leaf
> haskell packages...

They are, but only packages from hackage were taken into account. So
the solution is simply to make bytestring-show a key package in this
(corner) case.

Alternatively, we could create a fake .cabal file with hedgewar’s
dependencies and add them to the package-plan, like we do with the
output of "yesod init". Probably the cleaner solution.

Would you mind creating such a cabal file (check if the hedgewars
sources already contain one)?

> and yes, I agree with the overall process, keeping unused leaf
> libraries seems an overkill for haskell.

Nice,