Re: hgettext not migrating without reason.

Hi Sven,

Am Sonntag, den 17.08.2014, 13:29 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 23:08:02 +0200
> Sven Bartscher <sven.bartscher@weltraumschlangen.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:50:00 +0200
> > Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> > After thinking about this, I made a tool that takes a packages and
> > shows all (at least I hope it gets all of them) the useful reasons why
> > it can't migrate.
> >
> > It does this as follows:
> >  -Look in the britney output for the autohint that contains the
> >   requested package.
> >  -Get all the packages it breaks.
> >  -Gather all excuses for that broken packages.
> >  -Throw all excuses away, except those that are identified as
> >   interesting.

That’s great! We need more tools :-)

It seems that it expects me to download the britney output first. Can’t
it do it by itself (possibly caching it)?

Also it seems it calls grep-excuses repeatedly, which then downloads the
excuses file every time, making it very slow (I’m still waiting for the
first output). Maybe grep-excuses should be patched to accept a local
filename alternatively.

Also, the tool might be interested beyond the DHG. Why don’y you write a
message on d-devel about it (including a description of how to compile
it).