Re: Adding ghcjs support to haskell-devscripts

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 01.07.2014, 15:30 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> Joachim, is there a procedure for submitting changes to
> haskell-devscripts?  I have changes to support the building of
> libraries using ghcjs I'd like to submit.

the procedure is to send a patch :-) (or point us to a fork with your
changes).

Ok, I have created a version of haskell-devscripts that supports ghcjs and should be backwards compatible with the current version.  The only visible differences should be removal of support for documentation packages with the prefix "haskell-" instead of "libghc-".  I also removed a few cases where it seemed to be building the package "ghc" or "ghc-prof".   The forked darcs repo is http://hub.darcs.net/ddssff/haskell-devscripts.  There are fifteen patches, the first two are bug fixes, the rest are an attempt at a clear exposition of the changes I have made.  There is only one patch that has a lot of complexity, it has "Largeish patch" in its name.

Basically, I converted all the makefile recipes that were in hlibrary.mk into bash functions in Dh_Haskell.sh.  This makes it easier to tell what the makefile is doing and avoids duplication of code between make world and bash world.  I'm testing it on a bunch of packages now, but the packages are all fairly uniform, as their debianizations were generated by cabal-debian.  Obviously, some outside testing would be a good thing.

-david