Re: Accepted ghc 7.8.20140710-1 (source all amd64)

On Mo, 2014-07-21 at 13:02 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > Ok, mine apparently fails to build dll-split properly again. Although it
> > looks like every call to gcc was with -fuse-ld=gold and ld.gold was used
> > as a linker everywhere.
> >
> > Joey, how did you build your version successfully?
>
> Edited rts/OldARMAtomic.c to remove the ifdefs around the spin lock
> code

Why?

> and used the ld shimming in the github gist.

Right, that's what I was trying to get around with my attempts as we
can't really change /usr/bin/ld to point to ld.gold... and even if we do
it temporarily during the build the resulting compiler would use the
wrong linker in the end.

I was trying to have the resulting linker use ld.gold all the time, and
then also have usage of ld.gold as default in the "settings" file.
It looked like it all worked but it seems like I missed at least once
place where ld is called.

What I did is described in that GHC trac ticket, but I'll check a bit
more what went wrong in the next days.