Re: Accepted ghc 7.8.20140710-1 (source all amd64)

On Sa, 2014-07-19 at 20:20 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> On So, 2014-07-13 at 11:07 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Actually for the ARM problem a short look in the bugtracker gave this:
> > > https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8976
> > >
> > > From reading the linked article it doesn't seem that complicated to get
> > > it work, most of the work probably being to find a fast ARM machine that
> > > can be used for building (I don't want to try this on my RPI!).
> >
> > I also don’t think its a hard problem, but someone still needs to dig
> > into it.
> >
> > Just use the Debian porter box (see http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi),
> > that’s what they are for.
>
> I'm trying a build now on abel, let's see what happens. It seems the
> ld.gold wrapper script that filters out some parameters is not needed
> anymore. compiler/main/SysTools.lhs properly detects gold and only uses
> those parameters with ld.bfd.

Small status update... I'm still on it but will now first do a build
with gold in the relevant parts on amd64. These arm machines are just
too slow and there are some more fixes required inside the compiler to
work properly with gold.

But overall, would you like to switch to gold only for arm? Or prefer
consistency and use it for every arch?