Re: left to do/fix: mail, cabal not found, irc notifications and testing on more distros?

Hi Joachim,

On Montag, 14. April 2014, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I assume that once we use git (next few weeks is realistic), we can have
> > it triggered by pushes?
> today is realistic as well; I moved the repo to git and tried to adjust
> the job appropriately. Please pull and retry.

lol+wow+yay!

On Montag, 14. April 2014, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> ah, sorry: pkg-haskell-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
> (Fixed in alioth:~nomeata/jenkins.debian.net.git branch DHG)

cool, merged.

> > [17:36] <      h01ger> | https://jenkins.debian.net/job/haskell-
> > packages_sid/2/console says "cabal: not found"
> > [17:36] < Laney> Sounds alright to me
> > [17:37] < Laney> that's in `cabal-install'
> > [17:37] <      h01ger> | cabal-install is installed, see that url
> No idea about this, cabal-install definitely contains "/usr/bin/cabal".

please check the log, reproduce it locally, find the cause, send me a fix! :-)

(and if the fix is to call /usr/bin/cabal instead of cabal...)

and me is not surprised: a cabal always causes problems ;-p

> > do you want KGB-x in #debian-haskell?
> Yes, please spam the channel :-)

ok, cool, I've asked Gregor to send the hordes there :)

> There is no point, the underlying distributions is rather irrelevant. In
> fact, it might make sense to base the job on jessie, assuming less
> unrelated breakage happens there. That’s why I did not include the
> distribution name in the job name.
> Also fixed in my repo.

ok, cool.

I've merged your branch and pushed it to jenkins.d.n!

> I assume that once we use git (next few weeks is realistic), we can have
> it triggered by pushes?

sure. so let's remove the weekly trigger then?

> Thanks!

you're welcome! thanks for taking care of haskell!

cheers,
	Holger