Re: lamdabot

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.08.2013, 17:25 -0300 schrieb Raúl Benencia:
> Sorry for the delay, I'm a bit busy during work-days.

no worries, we are not in a hurry.

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:47:01PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Is there a point in having the Social and the IRC plugins enabled in the
> > Debian package?
>
> Well, they all seem to be working pretty fine, and the social plugins don't
> seem to pull a lot of dependencies. Maybe we could keep them for this
> version. The next version of lambdabot[0], 5.0, which is not yet in
> Hackage, seems to have a more organized structure for the plugins. Maybe
> we'll be able to generate binary packages like lambdabot-core,
> lambdabot-irc, lambdabot-social, etc., which IMHO is a cleaner approach.

not sure about this.

Maybe we need to be clearer about what our target audience is. I’m
thinking of people who want to use features like @pl, @djinn or @check
locally, without having to go to IRC, and ideally integrated into GHCi.
There is simply no point for them to have irc or social stuff installed.

There might also be people who want to run an instance of lambdabot in
an IRC channel. But how likely is it that they would want to use a
distribution package for that, and not a local clone of the source where
they can make adjustments?