Re: lamdabot

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I'm a bit busy during work-days.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:47:01PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 12.08.2013, 13:53 -0300 schrieb Raúl Benencia:
> > I've finished testing all the plugins. In general, all of them seems to be
> > working fine. The only ones that I couldn't make work are "check", "haddock"
> > and "source". Djinn plugin is also broken, but it should work with the
> > correct binary installed (which, I think, is not debian-packaged). In the
> > wiki page[0] you will find comments on the errors.
>
> Let’s see...
>
> check: Does it work with mueval installed?

Now that I've double-checked yes, it works. I was wrongly testing the
plugin. Anyway, its results aren't very deterministic:

| lambdabot> @check (length (take 5  [1..10]) <= 5)
|   mueval-core: Time limit exceeded
| lambdabot> @check (length (take 5  [1..10]) <= 5)
|   mueval-core: Time limit exceeded
| lambdabot> @check (length (take 5  [1..10]) <= 5)
|   +++ OK, passed 1 tests.
| lambdabot> @check (length (take 5  [1..10]) <= 5)
|   +++ OK, passed 1 tests.

> haddock: We already provide a well integrated haddock and hoogle
> experience to our users; probably worth trying to get it to work from
> within lambdabot by default. Maybe just a matter of changing some
> filepaths?
>
> source: Probably hard to set up well in the Debian packaging. Either
> disable it completely, or patch it to give a helpful error message, if
> the user can easily make it useful locally.
>
> djinn, hoogle, bf, filter, unlambda, spell: Make sure these commands
> fail with a helpful error message (e.g. "Could not find program foo;
> please install the package foo to use this command"). These patches can
> probably go upstream; or at least with a more generic message. Then put
> the corresponding package into the Recommends: (if mostly useful, e.g.
> djinn and hoogle) or into Suggests fields.

I'll work with this in the following days.

> Is there a point in having the Social and the IRC plugins enabled in the
> Debian package?

Well, they all seem to be working pretty fine, and the social plugins don't
seem to pull a lot of dependencies. Maybe we could keep them for this
version. The next version of lambdabot[0], 5.0, which is not yet in
Hackage, seems to have a more organized structure for the plugins. Maybe
we'll be able to generate binary packages like lambdabot-core,
lambdabot-irc, lambdabot-social, etc., which IMHO is a cleaner approach.

[0] https://github.com/mokus0/lambdabot

Cheers,
rul