Re: lamdabot

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:14:16AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Great job. Work like this makes Debian an outstanding and high-quality
> distribution. Thanks a lot,
> Joachim

Thanks!

I've finished testing all the plugins. In general, all of them seems to be
working fine. The only ones that I couldn't make work are "check", "haddock"
and "source". Djinn plugin is also broken, but it should work with the
correct binary installed (which, I think, is not debian-packaged). In the
wiki page[0] you will find comments on the errors.

There are lots of plugins that depends on external tools to work, such as
bf, unlambda, filter, spell, etc. Those plugins are useless if such tools
are not installed. Furthermore, lambdabot package does not depends on the
packages of those support tools. I think we have three choices here:

* Disable the plugins
* Warn the user about the missing deps in README.Debian, for example.
* Make lambdabot depends on the others packages, considerably increasing
  the number of dependencies.

What do you think?

Cheers.

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/Lambdabot